Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Wow I can't believe it has been so long since I posted! I guess having a child who can't play or be without you will do that.


First of all we moved into our own apartment! Downstairs is our living room, dinning area and kitchen. We have hardwood floors. Upstairs is our two bedrooms and our bathroom. We absolutely love having our own space but we miss living with Nick's parents all of the time! Good thing they are only 2 blocks away. We are having a blast decorating. Like today we spent half an hour starring at rugs at home depot and couldn't decide so we walked away with nothing! We are going to look online. We need a giant area rug because of our wonderful hardwood floors downstairs.


Kostya is scooting all over the place. He hates to be alone. While I am in the shower he has to be in the bathroom with me or in his jumper in the bathroom door and I have to stick my head out of the shower so he can see me and talk to him the whole time. He never wants to fall asleep anywhere but our arms. And lately he has been fussy with anyone but me. I am loving every moment of being a mom. Even though it is very overwhelming at times not being able to do anything because he just wants to be held.
He is not taking naps for longer than 30 min at a time and he is still getting up tons in the middle of the night. Some nights he drinks 2 bottles and some he drinks only 25 ml the whole night. I have tried night weaning him but since he varies it has made it very difficult. So we aren't sleeping and I get nothing done if Nick's not at home but I love it most days. And the days that are hard I just have to look at my baby and he will smile at me and it makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Trent is the same way with his naps and at night time! He takes 4 naps a day but they are only 30-40 mins! It's crazy! With Trent when we put him to bed he wakes up a ton until he goes into that deep sleep. It's very frustrating some times. We need a magic wand or something to help our babies sleep cause just like you I am tired! haha but Kostya is so cute!

    ReplyDelete