Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

thanksgiving

We are at my parents house for a couple of days and then we are heading to Utah to spend the rest of thanksgiving. We flew in on Thursday and I was really nervous about flying by myself with Kostya. But he was great! He slept for about 20 min when we took off and was awake and playing the whole rest of the time. There was a nice gentleman who sat next to me and he held him for a little bit to give my arms a break. Kostya loves to jump and move all over the place so my arms were very tired by the time we landed. 

I am so used to CA weather the WA weather felt very frigid. I love coming home to snow and cold weather because it really feels like home. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel on this trip though because my parents now live in a house I have never lived in. But when I walked in the door it smelled like their house (they use an air purifier). I love their new house it is so perfect for them. Kostya is having a blast getting spoiled by his grandma and grandpa.

My mom is so wonderful. She offered to take Kostya every night so I can finally catch up on some sleep. Kostya is still getting up every 2 hours all night long. And he is not napping very well. It is very nice to sleep a full night!

Tonight we had a pre-thanksgiving turkey dinner and it was wonderful! My dad smokes a turkey every year and it is way yummy. I also tried a new recipe for an apple pie that has cheese in the crust. I can't wait to try it. I'm still too full from dinner right now to try it.

Tomorrow we are going to church and then have a lazy day.  Then we drive to Utah on Monday and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment